We can sigh with relief, since 2022 is almost over. At any rate, I’m sure that we all could use some fun distractions from the evolving dystopia we might be surrounded by. TBH, I actually had way more than I could list here, so here are some of my favorites from this year. Happy holidays!
- Swear more creatively. Let this generator create words or word combos that are satisfying to say when the situation demands. Dimzim flumflam.
- Write a book with strangers. If you missed NaMoWriMo, it’s not too late. And, you can do it collaboratively.
- Tell time with literature. Pop onto this website, to see what time it is, as shown in literary snippets. The text displayed changes as the time updates each minute.
- Slap some guy with an eel. Honestly, this is probably the dumbest of this year’s lot, but it can still feel gratifying. Yes, it’s exactly as described on the label.
- Paint with music. While I’ve featured music games and generators in past, I can honestly say that this is pretty cool. By doodling (and specifiying different instruments, including birds), you can create a one-of-a-kind musical masterpiece.
- Design the next iPhone. Do you long for more cameras? Notches? An Android logo or googly eyes? This site has you covered.
- Be grateful that food has evolved since the mid-20th century. Banana with French dressing was a thing, as was shrimp in aspic. You might need anti-nausea medication after too big a dose of this archive, or see the next website in this list.
- Clean your eyes when the web becomes too much. The subreddit Eyebleach can make you forget all the horrors of the internet. Scroll through endless pics and GIFs of cute animals to cure what ails you.
Want to see past lists?