I’m happy to announce that my new book, The Librarian’s Nitty-Gritty Guide to Content Marketing, is now available for pre-order from the American Library Association.
What is content marketing? Simply put, it’s the most effective way to increase your value to customers. When you deliver content that library users find useful and relevant, you give a compelling answer to their question, “What’s in it for me?” Author of the best-selling book The Librarian’s Nitty-Gritty Guide to Social Media, Solomon speaks directly to public relations personnel, web librarians, and other staff responsible for the library’s online presence. Filled with nuts-and-bolts advice on how to increase the library’s value to its users, her guide:
- defines the essential characteristics of effective content marketing;
- explores methods of audience assessment;
- demonstrates how to optimize content for sharing;
- explains the elements of an editorial calendar for sustainable content, and shows how to create once and re-purpose many times;
- describes meaningful metrics for the library context;
- points out 5 common mistakes and how to avoid them;
- provides a template for creating personas; and
- includes first-hand accounts from library marketers.
Making content marketing concepts bite-sized and easily digestible, this guide shows libraries how to market effectively by focusing on what library users find useful and relevant.